- tykästyä, mieltyä, alkaa pitää jostakin t. jostakusta
- She took to him immediately.
- I haven't really taken to the local food.
- oppia jokin nopeasti ja vaivatta
- I took to windsurfing right away.
- ottaa tavakseen, ryhtyä tekemään jotain säännöllisesti
- He took to running to work every day.
- I took to wearing black clothes as a teen.
- That's what you get when you take to a life of crime.
- lähteä jonnekin (jonkin pakottamana)
- The villagers took to their hideouts in the forests when the enemy was approaching.
- Parisians took to the streets in protest.