- viedä (jonnekin sisään)
- I said we should go to the centre of the town for shopping but he said he didn't want to take his car in.
- The secretary took in the coffee for the CEO and his business partners.
- ottaa hoteisiinsa, sisään; syliinsä jms.
- We must take them in. They can't sleep on the street, can they.
- He took me in his strong arms.
- ottaa, hyväksyä
- The department takes in 50 new students a year.
- We should take in more people.
- Should we take in more refugees?
- (poliisista) viedä putkaan, kuultavaksi, asemalle jms.
- You're coming with us, we're taking you in. Get in!
- tarkata, tarkastella perin pohjin
- The bed and breakfast hostess took us in from head to toe before leading us to our room.
- sisäistää, omaksua
- This lecture was too much to take in at once.
- ihailla, katsella, nähdä
- There was so much to take in on our holiday in Italy.
- Look! What a beautiful scenery. Just take it in...
- sisältää, olla sisältönä
- His rather incoherent lecture took in all possible philosophers and thinkers.
- kokea, nähdä
- You can always take in a musical or some other show in London.
- (vaatteesta) kaventaa, ottaa sisään
- I lost so much weight that I had to take in all my clothes.
- to be taken in, tulla huijatuksi